It's all me, me, me, me, me

My photo
NAILSWORTH, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

30.11.11

The Godfather

Spent a moment pottering about on the eternal hunt for Christmas presents and stumbled across this in FANDANGO, Nailsworths premier trinket/gift shop.



I'm not sure it's what I would want for a gift, but then I'm not a horsey lady - not a goer, as it were.

That pink paper heart stuck on the horses head had -


this written on it.
FUNNY.

This horses head reminds me of my mum. No, she wasn't a horsey woman either, though I don't know if she was a goer; I'd like to think she wasn't, though I'm not sure why.... Any way, the local cinema had just been made into a multi screen venue, which she wanted to take a look at and there was a Marty Feldman film on that she fancied watching. Off she trotted, purchased her ticket and went and took her seat. It was an adult film, which meant us kids were too young to go and see it, and our dad, like many people of the time, couldn't stand Marty Feldman. So there she was on her own, Pearl and Dean, trailers, eat at your local restaurant ads AND THEN .....

THE MOVIE

She was a bit puzzled by it for the first few bars of the opening credits and then realised she had gone into the wrong cinema and was watching 

THE GODFATHER (1)

The thing that worried us kids was that she really enjoyed it. After that I always peeled back the bed covers gingerly and I still can't decide what would be more scary, a horses head or Marty Feldman lurking under the covers.

LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.