It's all me, me, me, me, me

My photo
NAILSWORTH, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

15.12.11

Higgs Boson



A couple of days ago scientists at CERN announced that they might have seen the Higgs Boson. We heard this momentous news as we were drinking tea in bed, listening to this on Radio 4, before the start of another day in paradise. They called the HIGGS BOSON 'THE GOD PARTICLE'. This got us talking. The gist of our musings are below.

Why Higgs BOSON?
Surely if it's the GOD particle, it should be the Higgs Commodor, or Admiral etc. Boson seems a bit lowly to us.

Why THE GOD PARTICLE?
Well, we decided, it must be very small as it's the source of all matter in the universe, it makes the stuff that makes the atoms, which makes it hard to spot when on it's own. It's probably as small as a mote of dust. In fact it could be a mote of dust. After all, dust is everywhere, in the air, on my shelves, under our bed. It behaves like the HIGGS BOSON too, by getting together with other dust particles to form all too visible sheets, clumps, fluffy lumps. Given time, dust could form itself into a universe.

Those guys at CERN have spent all that money and time looking in the wrong place. A window with sun rays that sparkle with motes of dust, or a grope under a bed would have given them the answer to their question.

Failing that, the clue's in the name, THE GOD PARTICLE.

They say GOD IS EVERY WHERE,

well SO IS DUST.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.