It's all me, me, me, me, me

My photo
NAILSWORTH, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

27.10.10

Farmers Market Saturday 23.10.10


It may not be the best weather ever, but I'm up and at the market, produce in hand, MeWally by my side and it's only 9.30am! You can see my trays, one's got the PUMPKIN, MARROWS and SQUASHES in it, another has small COURGETTES in it, and there is also a basket full of baby leaf SPINACH. It may not be much, but it's OK for a new plot run by an overly busy girly.


There was a little local difficulty in the getting head off the pillow department. MeWally, of course was awake with the Lark, making a pot of tea and reminding me that we have to get up and get on with our day. 

I WAS TIRED.


The market was in full swing, with the GO GROW stall fabulously stocked with local vegetables AND pressing apples into juice for anyone who turned up with spare fruit and a few containers to take home the resultant liquid.


AT LAST!!!! The Town Crier has arrived. We always hear him shouting as we eat our breakfast on the market day morning; today we get to admire him in his REGALIA.


As he glad hands and chats up the locals, I check out the shiny, electric apple pulper.


Then the traditional juicer. Apples in the top, turn the handle


and catch the juice.


The Town Crier pottered around the place, cutting a dash.


I really had to show off this stall which sells artisan bread and pastries. It is GORGEOUS

She must be up all night baking??


At last the Town Crier assumes the required posture and crows about the market celebrating its' TENTH ANNIVERSARY TODAY.


A new stall today was this home made, 
GENIUS, MOBILE PIZZA OVEN,


which makes really good pizzas, really fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.