It's all me, me, me, me, me

My photo
NAILSWORTH, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

29.11.10

When Bleak Is Beautiful Monday 29.11.10


It was very cold today, -14C in Wales overnight, but the air was very dry in Nailsworth, which meant it was not a white morning, sadly.


I had to swing by the edge of Stroud to pick up some tiling bits from the DIY shop before going to the Turn Around House. Everywhere was unfrosty - is that a word? The hills above Nailsworth and Stroud had a grey mist draped around them. I had to pass through this mist to get to the Turn Around House. As I got to the border of the high ground, at RODBOROUGH, the world of white began. 

I STOPPED THE CAR AND TOOK A FEW SHOTS.


These two were the best of those first ones.

I drove another half mile and the mist thickened, I pulled over again and took yet more shots.

MAN, IT WAS COLD.


Imagine getting home on a day like this and realising you've locked yourself out and lost your keys. A person could die as they sit on their  freezing doorstep waiting for help to arrive.


I was desperate to stay out here for a few hours. Conditions like this are rare. Me having commitments are not.

MONOCHROME DAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.