It's all me, me, me, me, me

My photo
NAILSWORTH, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

20.12.10

Bit Parky - Monday 20.12.10


Look how cold it was in our back garden - LAST NIGHT!


MINUS 10! Uley had  -12 last night which is probably a record.
(Yes, this is a new thermometer. our old one died and was changed, without question, by BRUTONS  which is great service).


When I got into the car the side windows had these amazing ice crystals coating them. I sat waiting for the windscreen to defrost as the engine ticked over and had time to admire it and photograph it. It's becoming clear to me that it's NO WONDER ESKIMO HAVE A HUGE NUMBER OF WORDS TO DESCRIBE 'SNOW'.

How would you describe this ice formation?


The final bit of my journey to the Turn Around House was very snowy.


By lunch time, the snow was tipping down, so I headed back to NAILSWORTH, crossing a very bleak MINCHINHAMTON COMMON on the way.


Dropping off the edge of the Common, I stopped and grabbed this view of the town - my town - NAILSWORTH nestling deep in the cleave of the valley .


WATLEDGE, the part of NAILSWORTH that we first lived in, is beautiful, as ever - hope you like it.


As I guzzled my coffee, Debbi came in all covered in snow.


We went out and took a SHOT OF THE SHOP. This is where we get all our shopping - GREEN SPIRIT. It's like supermarket/one stop shopping but more fun.

What a pretty little shop, a great place for topping up the larder and the tittle tattle!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.