Been gardening on the garden plot for a couple of days. Since I've had this chunk of land it's either tipped with rain or snow; or I've been working. So yesterday was a rare treat, a chance to work on reasonably dry soil. Managed to put in Electric onions! There are some things in life You gotta try and eating Electric onions is right up there!
Today I dug two thirds of another bed. Just for a change I'll put onions in this one as well when it's done. The tough bit is how long the land was untended; years. The growth of brambles, nettles, couch grass, dandelions and bindweed had to be seen to be believed. Now every root has to come out. It's slow, painfully slow, work.
After all that work I felt great last night. Felt even greater when we were told that our niece had her baby early this morning. Alexander was born on the first Spring like day since
the winter started. He bounced into the world at over 8lb and pretty much on time. Better knit a quick something .....
It's just coming up to 11pm and here it is - stunnin!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.