It's all me, me, me, me, me

My photo
NAILSWORTH, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

27.1.10

yackity smackity

wed 27 JAN  2010

A day gardening in my customers places has been the nearest thing to heaven I can imagine. A fight with half a dozen scraggy rose bushes left me looking as if I'd just struggled out of a war zone. Even digging 2 long trenches for Runner Beans was a pleasure. My poor customer is left with a view of 2 open graves each time they look out of their kitchen window. Lets hope they don't fall into them one dark night. The Somme has nothing on me today.


I walked into the veg section of a large garden this morning. My camera was in the flower garden. There, sleeping on top of one of the big compost heaps, was a huge ginger cat, its' furry back golden in the weak, winters sun. At least that's what it looked like to my fading eyes. I spoke to it softly, on account of being an idiot and up it got, turned slowly and stared at me. It was a very big dog fox, with a marked kink in the end of its' tail. I was gutted, what a great blogshot it would have made. You'll have to picture all this for yourself. That,s the last time I do the Dr Dolittle thing. Next time I'll keep my big mouth firmly closed.

MeWally was chopping veges when I got home in readiness for making us a stir fry. It was yummy. I was so famished I scoffed the lot and, again, no picture for you. Sorry.

Now I'm on the phone to my next door neighbour. She's not next door, but in London. A long distance neighbour, very elderly; talks a lot. Oh yes, she CAN talk. I'll still be here in a couple of hours sitting, listening and grunting as she chats. And tapping on these keys all the while.


After much listening, peace fell. We parted laughing. Bliss. Spent the next hour, or so making these. Can you see what it is yet? Check in tomorrow when all will be revealed ... or reviled, depending on the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave your comments here as often as you fancy. I will read what you leave for me and may even post it here for everyone to enjoy. As I can't alter anything you write, please don't use my first name as I want to maintain my privacy. Ta.